When you are hosting a live shopping with Onlive, you can stream it on all social media platforms at the same time. This allows you to bring traffic from all social media channels to your website. Many times, on social media users are scrolling through friends’ feeds as well as influencers and brands they like which results in a high chance to get lost. However, when you bring users to your own website with a live video, they tend to stay around 14 minutes. Therefore, social media can be used as a way to capture viewers for the live event.
We will provide you with some tips on how your business can promote their live shopping events on social media to attract as many people as possible:
- Create a dedicated landing page for the event: Create a dedicated event page on your website or social media platform where customers can find all the information about the live shopping event. This page should include details like the date, time, and what customers can expect to see during the event. Perhaps you can show them a teaser of a previous event to motivate them to join or give them a challenge to solve that will be revealed in the live.
- Promote the event in advance: You can start promoting your live shopping event at least a week in advance. Use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to reach out to your audience and create excitement around the event.
- Use engaging visuals: Use high-quality visuals like images, videos, and graphics to promote your live shopping event. These visuals should capture the attention of your customers and encourage them to attend the event. Live shopping can make the customer-brand relationships closer, an idea could be to bring on guests the audience is interested in like influencers or several employees that work for the company and talk about their expertise.
- Use hashtags: Use relevant hashtags on social media platforms to make it easier for people to find your event. Research popular hashtags related to your industry and use them in your posts. This can be the first contact for a new customer with the brand, by joining a live event of their interest. If they are into fashion you could title your live as “how to create a capsule wardrobe” and get a broader audience.
- Collaborate with influencers: Collaborate with influencers or brand ambassadors in your industry to help promote your live shopping event. These influencers can help you reach a wider audience and create more buzz around the event. Make that landing page link spread one week prior!
- Send out reminders: Send out reminders to your audience a few days before the event to ensure that they don’t forget about it. You can send out emails, push notifications, or social media posts to remind people about the event. Make an exciting countdown revealing something every day for example.
- Go live on social media: Consider going live on social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook during your live shopping event. This will give your audience a sneak peek into what’s happening during the event and encourage them to attend. At the beginning, some of our partner brands explain that they are live on their website and they will be able to interact with the chat, quizzes etc only if they follow the link on their bio. However, some users might want to watch it from a social media platform too so you can be everywhere with just 1 live.
By following these tips, businesses can effectively promote their live shopping events on social media and attract a larger audience. Collect registration emails and do reminders a few days before just like any TV show would do. By following this guide you will be able to get the maximum viewers for sure. Nevertheless, it is important to take into account that the more live shopping events you do, the larger the audience you will have. Word of mouth still makes wonders, let your first audience tell their friends about your meetups and the word will be spread.