When you have the right tools, editing a video can be a quick task. Content in video captures way more attention than on camera, therefore, companies will have to start producing video content on a daily basis. While image and text editing has been the primary task of content producers, the transition to incorporate video is already happening. Although it may seem overwhelming, video editing requires tools that can help content creators a lot. Here are a few steps on how to edit a video post in less than 10 minutes.
Editing a video post can be a time-consuming task, but with the right approach and tools, you can make the process quick and easy. Consider following these 7 steps to edit your video content.
- Make a plan: Before you start editing, it helps to have a clear idea of what you want your video to look like. Identify the key points and transitions you want to include and create a rough storyboard. For this, it will be crucial to have the most condensed video material already so that you can edit small bits instead of selecting multiple clips and choosing from there. If you are the person filming the content too, make your life easier by shooting in a planned manner.
- Keep it simple: Avoid overcomplicating your video with unnecessary effects and transitions. The simpler the better in terms of scaling the video content production. Stick to a few basic cuts and fades to keep your video looking clean and professional. Do this most of the time and then have one video every now and then with lots of edits and see what performs best. Depending on your audience, they will prefer lots of videos or less but higher edit quality.
- Use a video editing software: A good video editing software can make editing faster and easier. Look for a user-friendly program that allows you to quickly trim and arrange your footage. Check all the functionalities you will need and if it allows you to use them stick to that editing tool and don’t lose time trying different ones and learning how to use other software.
- Cut out the fluff: Be ruthless when it comes to cutting unnecessary footage. Focus on the key moments and messages you want to convey and eliminate anything that doesn’t add value. Showcase your products so your customers can see them very well.
- Add music and sound effects: Music and sound effects can help set the tone for your video and make it more engaging. Look for free music and sound effects online or use a program that offers a built-in library. You can also do a voiceover if it’s an explanatory video. E.g., a day in the company’s headquarters.
- Use templates: If you’re short on time, consider using pre-made templates that can help you quickly create a polished video. Many video editing programs offer templates for different styles and themes. If there is a trend on social media, make sure to jump on the trend and have higher chances to go viral.
- Preview and refine: Once you’ve edited your video, take a few minutes to preview it and make any necessary adjustments. Check the timing, transitions, and audio levels to ensure everything looks and sounds just right. Small adjustments can improve the overall quality of your video.
By following these tips, you can edit a video post in less than 10 minutes without sacrificing quality or creativity. With a little practice and the right tools, you can create engaging and effective videos that capture your audience’s attention and deliver your message with impact. Now it is time to spread it across all your marketing channels to make the most out of the time spent while filming and editing your video.