Within a very short time, e-commerce had to evolve by leaps and bounds. More and more people are buying online, and in order not to be left behind, many businesses have decided to take this step.
Given the restrictions imposed on us due to Covid-19, it seems that we no longer fear online payments. Consequently, we have the confidence to purchase our day-to-day necessities online. In fact, convenience has prevailed over hesitation about possible scams.
However, the implementation of e-commerce has not come alone. It is accompanied by certain new techniques, such as Live Shopping, a virtual teleshop that we will find out more about later on. The goal is to find interesting tools and to leverage on the current boom in online shopping.
If you are new to the virtual world, you might be wondering how to boost online sales. We will support you by using certain guidelines and effective strategies.
Online sales strategies
A sales strategy is a bundle of activities designed to make your online sales business more profitable. The aim is to sell and achieve the goals that were set previously. Thanks to marketing, your products will sell. Yet, in order to drive up sales, you will have to outperform the rest of your competitors. The following strategies will help you achieve that:
- Analyse the competition. In order to know how you can improve, it is advisable to gather enough information about other companies. Many of them will even inspire you with great ideas.
- Include testimonials on the web. To make a business work, you should not solely add your own contributions. To gain trust with potential customers, reviews are important elements.
- Measure results before you act. To get valuable information, use free Google tools such as Google Analytics and Search Console. With these platforms, you can detect if your website has indexation issues, which the most visited products are, or which pages are least attractive to the consumer.
- Include a blog. Its content will allow you to interact with customers while including product links. This way, customers will gain practical knowledge and learn about the benefits of the items you sell. Adding tutorials is also interesting to provide greater value and confidence to the user.
- Work on positioning. SEO is a very useful resource that will help you rank on the first Google pages. Your main purpose is that customers see you before your competitors so that they decide to buy your products. Yet, you must be aware that SEO is a continuous work that requires patience.
- Advertising on Google and networks. One of the most used online sales strategies is advertising on Adwords (SEM) and advertising on social networks. Regarding the first one, it is possible to create text or display ads. Concerning its networks, you may advertise through their exclusive services like Facebook Ads or Instagram Ads.
- Email marketing actions. This involves offering discounts, promotions or exclusive news to your most loyal customers. That way, they will have preferences over those who are not, something they will value. To make this possible, capture subscribers and increase your database.
Tools for online sales
Looking at the current situation, small and medium-sized companies have made their way into e-commerce. Although there was hardly any time to act, such businesses had to set up their online shops to reach more people within a few months. Do you want to know some key tools for online sales?
- Optimise your website. The online shop should be easy to access and manageable. Hence, it is preferable to limit the number of products and services, to take care of the headings and to create a coherent structure.
- Landing pages. It is about building links in other portals, guides or ads on other websites/social networks so that the person can click and land on your online shop.
- Groom your image. Providing practical visual information is essential so that users can see and appreciate the most significant product details. Adding clear photos, 3D videos or demonstrations about the item use are of great help in convincing users.
- Adding value through content creation and SEO positioning, which we have already mentioned previously. In this regard, it is important to take two key points into account: developing a content plan and alternating between different formats (images, videos, infographics, etc.).
- Promote your online shop on social networks and send offers via email. If you want to take off effectively, put your mind to proper planning and create Twitter and Facebook accounts to introduce yourself to the virtual world. Provide incentives and keep your accounts with the latest news up to date so that people will continue to trust your product. It is also crucial to organise your customers’ email addresses and to send mass emails about offers that might interest them.
Tips for setting up an online shop
Compared to physical ones, online shops have some advantages. First of all, you will not have to pay high monthly rent and will reach millions of customers without even leaving home. Yet, it is crucial to identify certain steps in order to set up your online shop successfully and to get a user-friendly website. Equipped with a solid marketing plan, this will allow you to see immediate results in your final sales.
- Decide what to sell. Before setting up your online shop, you might know already what you want to sell. As some require direct contact with the seller, not all products are easy to sell online. Make sure that it will be easy for you to connect with customers online and everything will be fine.
- Find a suitable niche and work on your brand image. Just think about what differentiates your company from the competition and which services you can offer so that people will eventually discover it.
- Try selling your items through other channels to gain confidence. Before taking the final step and starting your website, try selling your products on platforms such as eBay or on small flea markets. This way you will be more convinced to set up your business.
- Make a detailed business plan, including cost accounting and an elaborate marketing strategy.
- Register the business, and a short domain name that is easy to remember. Also choose an optimal web hosting service that has the tools you need (even if that means paying for the service).
- Design your online shop. When it comes to online shopping, the simpler and more discreet a website is, the better the results (therefore don’t just create a tacky online shop). Ideally, promote your product and showcase its advantages.
- Choose an e-commerce software and set up a merchant account. That way, customers will be able to see your products. Also, with different payment methods to choose from (mainly credit cards and Paypal) customers will be able to pay safely.
- Start a blog. Usually, online shops have a unit for blogging which is an important element of the business. By adding expert knowledge and linking it to your products, you will be able to draw more people to your website.
Live Shopping as a sales strategy
Compared pre-pandemic times, there is no doubt that current consumer habits have changed, since we cannot access physical shops as before. Online purchases are stronger than ever. By promoting their products on the Internet, companies have been able to increase sales.
In countries such as China, where they this has been used for several years already, Live e-commerce Spain has now been implemented as a very effective strategy. In Spain, Onlive offers you this kind of tool to optimise your business and to take a step ahead of the competition.
Our live e-commerce platform for enterprises is a simple tool that will enhance your brand image through live broadcasts in which you can show your products. Thanks to original and innovative presentations, streaming sales are implemented. They will give customers more confidence and even more, if you decide to use influencers or popular streamers, who have an incredible niche audience.
Through the use of popular platforms such as Instagram or Tik Tok, Live streaming e-commerce is gaining momentum in online sales. Yet, it is also possible to use your brand’s own website. The idea is to make live broadcasts or shows to get closer to your future customers.
Given its great results, e-commerce streaming is here to stay. Onlive has the tools you need to start boosting customer loyalty and increase your community of followers to drive up your sales.
It’s really simple. With live broadcasts and the help of entertaining content, the person in charge will showcase your products, while answering doubts and questions raised by potential customers. Consequently, the interaction between customer and salesperson is more effective and direct.
If you want to know more, do not hesitate to contact our specialised staff and we will be happy to advise you on everything you need.